Friday, June 15, 2007

DID YOU KNOW ? # 14

Did you know my first computer, like all that were available at the time, was very primitive when compared to the ones we have today. It had no pictures and was regulated to just text and two colors. It came with pounds of code manuals and was very difficult to operate. The user almost had to program it every time they used it. You had no video games and researching was limited to packaged programs without pictures.
When I compared my old computer to my new one it is like the difference between night and day. My plasma screen monitor brings the world in full vivid color into my office. I can call up pictures and even complete art galleries. Businesses can send me a full color catalog enabling me to buy what I want over the internet. I can send my personal photo around the world and even video phone my friends thousands of miles away. The Negros Chronicle uses state of the art computers to bring you the most current news and photos, in full color.

Now for the rest of the story.

Filipino Diosdado Banatao wrote an innovative computer program that is responsible for turning that night into day. His development of the Graphical User Interface (GUI) program literally changed the face of computers around the world. His program made full color graphics possible.

No comments: